ConnectedByBiobord -project had a kick-off today and here is a summary of the project
* Funded by EU Development Fund programme Interreg Baltic Sea Region, under Capacity for Innovation
* 01.10.2020 - 30.06.2021
* EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region's Bioeconomy flagship project
* 9 partners around Baltic Sea Region:
* JAMK University of Applied Sciences, as the lead partner.
* Other partners: Krinova Incubator & Science Park, Vidzeme Planning Region, Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences, Institute for Environmental Solutions, Tretorget, SEI Tallinn, Paperprovince and Foundation of Social Dialogue PRO Civis
* Budget of 900 000€
Challenges behind the project:
- Regional authorities and innovation actors in the #BSR lack experience in implementing smart specialization strategies.
- Limited number of actors and innovation infrastructure in the rural BSR
- Bioeconomy unfamiliar, especially among rural bio-based business sector. Challenge to bring together relevant actors and develop regional bioeconomy.
Response of ConnectedByBiobord:
Find us from Biobord!